This is a very exciting time for us here at MANAdev. The latest version of the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce platform, Magento 2, is nearing release and we’ve been asked by the Magento team to participate in the upcoming Magento 2 Merchant Launch Program. We’re very proud to be one of the developers on a short-list of Magento Extension Developers that received such an invitation!
The launch of Magento 2 may be the most exciting development in eCommerce since the introduction of the Magento platform itself – and we at MANAdev are looking forward to playing our role in bringing it to you!
Magento 2 and Magento Connect
As anticipated, the latest version of Magento will be vastly improved over the Magento 1.X platform, providing your online store with faster time to market, easier site maintenance, seamless scaling to support rapid growth, boosting site conversions and sales, and empowering users like you.
Here are some of our favorites from the list of features we expect to see in Magento 2:
- A standalone installer that supports speedier installations of a new Magento instance by proactively checking for pre-requisites before starting the installation process
- Extensions conflict resolution with advanced installation tools that proactively identify conflicts before extensions are installed
- More modular architecture with fewer dependencies to make it easier to add extensions and customize code
- Automated testing framework speeds up development while also improving code quality
- Improved frontend theming & layout architecture makes it easier to create a unique site and expand to new markets
Of course, all of these changes mean nothing to you if there are no benefits to you and your online store. Not to worry, Magento 2 offers a range of improvements to help you build and maintain your online store much more easily than the previous version.
Your benefits of using the new Magento 2 Platform:
- Best-in-class, fully-customizable checkout to help improve conversion rates
- Improved search results and accuracy for merchants to enrich and control their search results
- Redesigned, touch-friendly admin UI to help increase team productivity
- Easier and earlier adoption of new Magento 2-only features expected in early 2016, such as staging and preview
Are you as excited as we are? The good news is, the new Magento 2 eCommerce Platform is scheduled for release in the 4th quarter of this year!
New Magento Connect
Integral to the launch of the Magento 2 platform will be a new and improved version of Magento Connect, the interface between you the merchants and the entire world of Magento support and Magento developers. The new Connect will be your link to the latest and greatest extensions that support and enhance your Magento installation. Here you will find a variety of extension products to choose from, as well as an improved interface that make it far easier find:
- Newest Extensions
- Most Popular Extensions
- Expert Extension Evaluations and Reviews
- Proactive Extension Vetting
- Extension Ratings form the Magento Community
- Enhanced Metrics and Tracking of your Online Store’s Performance
To learn more about the latest version of Connect, watch the Magento Connect Video:
As always, our goal at MANAdev is to provide you with high quality extensions for your Magento and Magento 2 platform, and to offer comprehensive support.